With books, journals, special collections, online resources, bookable Group Room, study facilities and staff on hand, the Sixth Form Library (for silent study and reading) and Sixth Form Study (for quiet working) are open to support Years 12-13 with research, coursework and reading for pleasure.
Library staff are available to support learning and ensure that students make the most of the resources available. We provide subject and topic guides, reading lists, online subscription resources, help with research, personal statements, writing bibliographies, referencing and other study skills.
When We Are Open
Sixth Form Library – 8.00am-3.55pm
Sixth Form Study – 9.05am-2.55pm; 2.55pm-3.55pm (with Ms Mirza’s Study Group)
Both areas close during Form Period and Briefing.
What You Can Borrow
- 6 fiction books – 2 weeks loan
- 6 non fiction books – 4 weeks loan
- 4 ebooks – 2 weeks loan
You can renew your books up to three times as long no one else is waiting for them.
Using The Library And Study Laptops
There is no need to book – it is first come, first served. Please let a member of the library staff know if you are working on a laptop and need to leave it unattended for a few minutes – it may be logged off at times of high demand!
Booking The Group Room
Equipped with a whiteboard and projector, the Group Room is available for Years 12 and 13 to book and is ideal for small groups to work, revise and to practise presentations together.
- book in Sixth Form Study
- bookings open each Monday for the proceeding week
- you need your Swanshurst ID Card (and no overdue loans on your account!) to make a booking
Normal school rules apply but for the benefit of all students we ask that you:
- use the computers for coursework
- remember that the Sixth Form Library is for silent study and Sixth Form Study for quiet working
- keep your mobile phone on silent (no call use).